He then made a thought provoking presentation on the 7 deadly sins of HR strategists. Lets me share a few key inferences from that delightful presentation:
1. Do not take a position of advocacy without assuming accountability: He quoted Arnold Schwarzeneggar ' No one ever got muscles watching me lift wait'. That approrite quote explains it all. Need I say more!!!!
2. Forming an opinion without doing your homework: Seems very simple but lets face it that it's neglected most of the time.
3. Understand the business with a greater amount of sincerity as I insinuated from the presentation that it helps a great deal in execution and in making a strategy work.
4. First know what you want to change before being a change agent- Let's put the issues in a better and sincere perspective before being the change agent.
5. Do not get over romanticized by strategies- Give facts it's due consideration too.
6. The real need can be that of some 'genuine conversation' and 'context' while you are busy communicating.[My favorite mantra of the day]
7. a. Do not believe HR is simple when HR is hard ;-)
b. Do not believe HR is hard when HR is simple ;-)