July 6, 2009

Guardian Angels by C. Upasika Maithreya

It's been a year[approx] since I came across an interesting poem titled 'Guardian Angels' by one of my class mate, Upasika Maithreya.

Like all other talented classmates, she also inspires me in many ways. This time through her inimitable poetic skills.

As you enjoy reading it, try recognizing the 'Gurdian Angel' through her poetic endeavour.

Guardian Angels

Welcome to my world and you will see it all,

Every desktop and conference hall,

My day is filled with joy and fear…

I smile as I hand out promotions and hear the cheers

I dread the pink slips drenched in tears.

Skipping along from interviews

Rushing to see if people keep curfews

Final need as Maslow says

Self actualisation is what everyone craves.

Salary, allowance and basic pay

Your pay pack survives on K.R.As

A noisy Union wanting a hike,

Threatening forever to hold a strike.

Heard it all

Sweet tit-bits and a harsh word

A complain that the canteen serves smelly curd.

A swollen finger a stolen bike

All this business I don’t particularly like!

Labour laws make me swoon

Failing to solve a problem spells doom.

Setting right the office goon,

Sharing the grievance of the peon

By the time I’m done its well past noon.

Tired I enter my office room

Phone comes alive like a buzzing snake

Sigh that’s the end of my much awaited break.

Training a group of CEOs,

Polishing soft skills that are at an all time low…

I must confess

A wrong move lands me in a lot of mess.

Integrity, honesty, happiness

Get to see these less and less.

So my day goes by and by

Handling the HR of an organisation Oh My!

We do it all in a days work

Handing a perk

Hiring a clerk

We are the guardian angels who soar by

And cradle the organisation taking it high!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

very well-worded poem..i met upasika at MMA last yr,at the happiness quotient paper she presented.