June 23, 2009

The art of gaining objectivity????

Today I went to a very reputed company for my field work permission. They went through my resume and were genuinely nice. I was super impressed with company and the HR team.

I don't know if they felt the same way but yet I am hopeful to do my field work there. They told me to keep in touch. Lets see how everything unfolds????

During my conversation with the HR team I was telling them about my college's field work structure. To make it interesting I used an analogy.

And I said the folowing:

" We have four field work components and an extra summer internship project. Which means that we work in five different companies and understand their HR processes. In the best of my knowledge no other institution has something like this to offer. It's like five short term relationships with five different girl friends. You learn a lot from these realtionships which are short lived and at the end of it you add a greater depth to your personality and gain greater objectivity towards what you want to do with your life [Career in this case]. Simmilarly these field work components help us to know exactly in which industry or company or which HR profile we want to work in."


No comments: