June 16, 2008

The budding author in me......

I am finally ready and have committed myself to the cause of living one's dream to the fullest. I am ready with the synopsis of my novel in the making. It's tentatively titled as ' Nothing Hip About It'.I have also finished a few chapters and it's gaining a promising momentum.

I would have never dared to write this novel if I had not read the works of some of the finest new age Indian Authors like Abhijit Bhaduri,Shonali Bose, Sudeep Chakravarti and more recently Karan Bajaj who have pioneered a tersed way of writing to which the Indian youth can co-relate with ease. More importantly their writing has given me an empowering feeling that I can write and contribute to this growing Indian literary diaspora which has created a exclusivity through the superior writing style that creates the instant 'Kismat Konnection' with the readers.

My book is about a working proffesional armoured with a Bachelor's Degree,low grades,conservative but rich family background , a few lousy relationships & a relentless quest for sanity through insane[Hip] means....

Does he finally recieve the sanity he wants to achieve in his proffesional and personal life????????

What happens when three distinct generations have a conflict??????

Is it really worth it to recognize the intangibles affecting his life or he should take it easy???????

Well!!!! Let the story unfold and the answers will be inferred....

-Saikat Saha

No comments: