May 12, 2008

My tryst with the 'Art Of Living' course


I had once read the following in a book - ‘When the student is ready; the teacher also appears’. It holds true for me and also for a lot of my readers. Right from the outset of my life I have always been blessed with lovely teachers who have paved the way through the journey of my life.

On 5th may 2008 I had joined the art of living basic course.

What propelled me to join the course?????

Well!!! I believe I joined it partly because of gaining spiritual strength for my entrance exams, partly because I am spiritually inclined, partly because my UG final year project was on emotional and spiritual quotient [wanted to gain more depth in EQ and SQ],partly for health and mainly because I did not have any clue whatsoever as to why I wanted to join the course.

It was a seven days program which was filled with joy, learning, yoga, sudarshan kriya[one of my personal favorite] and the process of experiencing a personified transformation in mind, body and soul.

The real difference which this course has made in my life is the fact that I am now no more 22 years ‘old’ but 22 years ‘young’.

It has allowed me to recognize the child inside me and I hope I can remain intact with this child forever.

It has taught me how to approach one’s goal in life with a constant smile on the face, enthusiasm in the heart and peace in the mind.

Above all it has introduced me to Guru Dev[Sri Sri Ravishankar] with whom I could instantly share a beautiful relationship. I have started considering him as the embodiment of compassion, innocence, enthusiasm and great wisdom just by looking at his photograph alone.

Even though I have never met him but I have a strong feeling that I shall meet him soon and that experience is going to make me deeper and happier.

I would love to have the equanimity which is exuded through his face.

I started writing this article with the purpose of sharing my experience with all of you but I am falling short of words. I believe one has to experience the magic of this course. I also request you to buy the book titled ‘Sri Sri as I know him’ compiled and edited by Dinesh Kashikar and Sharmila Murarka.

Jai Gurudev!!!!
Let us wish Gurudev an advance happy birthday[13th May 2008] from the bottom of our heart.