September 17, 2007

Life at Madras Christian College


I feel happy most of the times and sad sometimes when I think of the golden period of my life at Madras Christian College.I feel happy because I was blessed with three beautiful years in MCC and I feel sad because I wanted to spend my entire life time that way and I couldn't. But one emotion which plays in my heart always is that of 'Nostalgia'.

When I look back to my years in MCC; a floodgate of memories start flowing from my heart and they merge into my soul reminding what a great teacher my college has been in my life.

I remember those days back in 2004 when I came to Chennai after my schooling from Delhi Public School R K Puram[One of the most respected schools of the country].I did have a great schooling.Every bit of my schooling was a learning experience with fond memories.But never did I imagine in my life that I would be transported so far away from New Delhi[Thanks to Dad for getting transferred to Chennai] where I did my entire schooling.

My first impression about the college on my first day itself was impressive. Primarily because of three reasons.Firstly, the huge size of the college which is approximately 365 acres of paradise filled with beautiful flora and fauna[ One can spot many deers in the campus], Secondly, the simplicity of the extremely talented students and highly qualified Professors.Thirdly of course, the rich history,culture,academics,India Today ranking,A+ accredition by NAAC etc.

But as I stepped out of the portals of my college after three years, it made me realize that It was the heart and the soul of the college which was much more bigger,simple yet much more truly special than the three above mentioned reasons which impressed me three years ago.

MCC has taught me much more than Bachelors in Business Administration.It has helped me to recognize myself.It has blessed me with great friends.It has given me incredible opportunities to prove myself and gain immense self confidence.And MCC has blessed me with the most wonderful memories of my life.

It feels good to close my eyes and think of those golden days.It strenghthens my belief in goodness,values,love,friendship,hardwork and above all God. As God is the one who blessed me with the 3 beautiful years in MCC.

In my last few days in MCC I recieved the following SMS from a very special friend of mine:
A place where sky is the limit.
A place where grass is always green.
A place where a boy is moulded into a gentleman.
A place where traditions are still kept alive.
A place where each stone has a story to tell
We call it Madras Christian College!!!
And who said paradise can't be found on earth?
Viva la MCC

All I know since then is that when I get a little too tired running in the marathon called 'Life'. I just look back towards my days in MCC. Trust me it does wonders.It helps me to run even faster and most importantly enjoy the marathon. But then I miss my teacher a lot.The teacher whom I call 'MCC'.
Miss those days in MCC.

Below is a link to a video done by some immensely talented students of MCC.This will surely bring you closer to what I have experienced in my college days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7R8TQ5OqIQ

4 comments:

Unknown said...

heyy
umm...i will be applying for mcc...im happy abt evrythin....could ya plz brief me on the hostels there to my id..?
renin_m@hotmail.com
i fall under the NRI category so will tht make a diff?

Unknown said...

In Hoc Signo!

Dear Mccians! I wish to bring to your kind attention the announcement of MCC Global Alumni Re-union Meet scheduled for 27th & 28th July 2013 in the MCC Campus.

Please submit your contact details ( Contact number and email ID) as well as the contact details of all MCCians that you know anywhere in the world, using the form (link given below) so its easier for the organizers to reach you all to invite for the MCC Alumni Re-union meet scheduled for 27th & 28th July 2013 in the MCC Campus.

Invitation would be sent from the college with the help of executive committee of Alumni Association - Madras Christian College!

To update your contact details or the contact details of other MCCians that you know, simply complete a short online form using the following link:

http://goo.gl/qjpTz

You could also just share the above link with your MCC friends to fill in their contact details! Please do the needful as soon as possible!

Unknown said...

Hi Saikat,

Some of us Alumni were very impressed on reading your blog at Mcc.A very well written message.Almost every MCCian who is passionate about MCC can identify with your thoughts.Please keep this going.Incidentally,I hope you are aware of the MCC GLOBAL ALUMNI REUNION planned for JULY 27TH-28TH 2013.This would witness the largest gathering of MCC alumni ever.It would be great if you can register.

Best Wishes,

Gowtham Gary

Unknown said...

Hi Saikat,

Some of us Alumni were very impressed on reading your blog at Mcc.A very well written message.Almost every MCCian who is passionate about MCC can identify with your thoughts.Please keep this going.Incidentally,I hope you are aware of the MCC GLOBAL ALUMNI REUNION planned for JULY 27TH-28TH 2013.This would witness the largest gathering of MCC alumni ever.It would be great if you can register.

Best Wishes,

Gowtham Gary